So It Goes



One week from now I will be in college. It still doesn't seem real to me. These last few weeks have been such an insane mixture of emotions--excited one minute, terrified the next, but with the general acceptance that change is inevitable. Why not make the most of it? Truly, though, I know that only good things are to come. I know that despite the initial anxiety, the uncomfortable beds and lack of air-conditioning, the strange practice of wearing flip-flops while showering... despite the fact that I'm sure to feel lost and awkward and that I am 10000% uncertain of what to expect... I hope this next week flies by. It makes things worse driving by old schools and signs and trees and bends in the road, knowing that pretty soon I won't be able to take them for granted each day. It's all very bittersweet. But I do know this: I am smart and capable and kind and strong and even on days where I don't quite believe these things to be true, I know I'll find a way to make them be. I might not think I am ready for such huge changes, but there's no time to wait around for life to happen; there is only now. College: bring it on. 

xx

Comments

Popular Posts