Ch-Ch-Changes

I'd been thinking about what I wanted to say with this one for awhile now. But then life happened (as it always does) and I have been insanely, insanely busy for the past four weeks.

So, better late than never, here it goes:

At the start of this semester, I began wondering how I wanted things to be different, better, more productive, healthier, happier, challenging etc. etc. in my life. I decided on a few six-month goals, and since I wasn't able to share any of these ideas at the time I originally had them, I figured now could be a chance to at least mark my progress so far.

1. Practice yoga 3-4 times a week

Even if it's just 10-15 minutes of my day. Sounds easy enough, right? When I do make it to a yoga class, it's an amazing way to decompress and center myself before I take on whatever task is next on my (never ending) to-do list. Still working on sticking to a consistent routine, but getting there.

2. Be aware of what I need

I'm a natural introvert who sometimes thinks she's an extrovert. I need my alone time and I get anxious without it because sometimes being social is exhausting, and that's okay.

3. Read before bedtime

I've been on the same book for what feels like forever. Also, I find that I fall asleep faster after a chapter or two. This goal I've been pretty good about keeping up with.

4. Patience

With myself, the people I love, and the inevitable unpredictability of day-to-day life. So my printer's broken? So I had to walk 2 miles to retrieve my (lost) ID? So I'm tired, cranky, and over it? Learning to laugh at the mishaps, and work toward solutions rather than dwelling on negativity. 

5. More tea, less coffee

I'd say I'm about 50/50 on this one. On good days, it's green tea and honey.


Clearly, I wasn't going for crazy-drastic changes in lifestyle. But maybe small improvements can add up to big cosmic shifts...


What are your goals for the upcoming months?

Comments

Popular Posts