Ten (Ireland) Things

I'm in the midst of packing for my junior (woah!) year of college, aka making crazy-long lists to be %1000 sure I haven't missed anything. You'd think this would get easier the third time around, especially considering I live only 40 minutes from school... 

In between the moments of frantic preparation, I'm also reflecting on a waning Summer of 2016. These were some of the busiest months of my life. I had my first internship at Pfizer (learned how to #adult and make Pinterest-worthy sandwiches) and took the necessary time to focus on being at peace with myself, finding balance in what I do, and enjoying life for it's uncertainties. 

But most of all, studying abroad in Dublin, Ireland this Summer greatly shaped the way I'll be heading into the upcoming school year. Navigating a foreign country, learning to make fast (and lasting) friendships, and being really on my own for the first time ever challenged me in all new  and exciting ways. I returned from Dublin feeling like I could take on the world. Although I still have my moments of self-doubt and anxiety, I can always look back on my time spent abroad as a reminder of how great it feels to conquer those fears. 

For now, it's back to UConn for me. But I'll always have a soft spot for Ireland. 

Here's ten reasons why you should, too: 


1. Sunsets make seven-hour flights slightly better.


2. Cobblestones streets require comfortable footwear (any excuse for Converse). 


3. Tea is always a good idea, and so is (Irish) coffee. 


4. Guinness by the pint and 360° views of Dublin.


5. You'll see rain, shine and everything in between. P.S. Always pack an umbrella. 


6. What the cities lack for in height they make up for in color.  


7. Life is best lived on the edge. 


8. Live music and Wonderwall covers all day, erryday. 


9. There's always a chance to take the road less traveled. 


10. These are the moments you're going to miss someday. 



Comments

Popular Posts