What Are You Waiting For?


It's the start of a new semester! My first (and only) class of the day was cancelled.... And then I spent a horrifying amount of money selling my soul to textbook hierarchy.

Alyssa: 1
College: 1
(for now)

My mindset heading into these upcoming months is already experiencing such a positive change. For example, I am a non-journalism (like, not even a little bit) major taking a strangely-high-level-but-also-meets-my-requirements journalism class. Completely out of my comfort zone, but a world I've always found interesting. Our first reading assignment teaches how to write obituaries. No, seriously. 

A few months ago, I'd be so intimidated, not knowing what exactly I'm getting myself into. But now I'm picking up my pen, opening up my (newly required) NY Times subscription, channeling my inner Rory Gilmore, and telling myself that summer is only a few short months away.... 

Different is good. 


Comments

Popular Posts