The Sunshine State



Florida was super good to me. The more I get out of my own hometown, the more I realize I'm happiest when I'm not stuck in one place for too long. Maybe it was the extra dose of vitamin D, or maybe it was freeing myself from the heavy winter layers, but this week has been one of my best in a long time. To live simply but fulfilled, to be mindful of what we're doing, where we are and who we're with is a beautiful thing.

As summer approaches I find myself thinking back to this time one year ago. I never would have imagined the months that would follow, that the journey would bring me here, now. And I wonder how this next summer will compare, how these months will surpass the last ones, how in another year, I'll have wanted them to matter.


What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet.


Comments

Popular Posts