DIY High-Waist shorts
These are so simple to make, and cost me a total of $14. With my mind currently set on Summer and festivals and beach days and nights, I don't think it gets much better than that. Here's what I did:
1. Start with a pair of men's jeans (mine were both Levi's found at Goodwill).
2. Try em on for size, and in pencil mark how short you want them to be.
3. Cut straight across both legs. My advice is to start longer and then try them on again and again as you cut shorter until you find the perfect length.
4. Roll them up at the bottom, or throw them in the wash so the ends come out all frayed which is kinda cool too.
5. I also took a knife and cut a pair up a bit for that destroyed look, but it really depends on what you want.